Friday 27 September 2013

Sharing some love with Kylie

How did you first come across Kings Cross Markets

I cam across Kings Cross Markets 6 years ago when I first moved to the area.  I've been living in Bondi for 4 years now, but only recently started my journey back every Saturday since becoming a vegan 7 months ago.


In your opinion, what is it about these markets that makes it appealing to people from all walks of life

Kings Cross Markets has a relaxing vibe, you see the same faces each week which gives a great sense of community.  Everybody is super friendly, willing to help you carry your groceries and have a chit chat about anything and everything.



There's no hustle and bustle or pushing in, and the great news is you never get run over by someone pushing a trolley which turns the weekly grocery shopping into quite a calming experience.

Do you have a "routine" when visiting/buying at market or are you a "get the staples then let's see what's on offer and try new things" type of chick

I'm a bit of both.  I have my routine shopping list but then I'm easily distracted by other products.  For example, last week I purchased the Clear Jojoba Oil which is amazing on the skin which demonstrates being taken off course isn't always a bad thing.



Do you have a favourite recipe using produce bought at market

Now that Spring is here, it's been salads, salads and more salads.  I like to keep it simple and alkalising: spinach, cucumber, capsicum, leek, string beans, broccoli, avocado, chickpeas and olive oil.


Kylie's enormous weekly hoard!

If you had to sum up your Kings Cross Market experience in 5 words, what would they be

My home away from home


**********

Best final answer to be seen!  Home away from home is exactly how we feel about our markets as well!  

Enormous thank you to Kylie for sharing a bit of her time with us and showing us once again why Kings Cross Market is the only place to get your weekly shopping done!



No comments:

Post a Comment